Introduction to Aether
Try It For Yourself
- Install and Configure
- A Simple Aether-Based Solution
- A More Complex Aether-Based Solution
- Adding Aether Connect
Aether UI User Guide
What Is Aether?
Aether is a platform. It’s not tool that can just be deployed and used out of the box (but if that’s what you’re looking for, you might want to look at Gather). Instead it’s a set of modules and best practices for the real-time manipulation and publication of data to a destination of your choice.
Aether is for you if:
- you already have a large amount of data, but it’s in a format that makes it unwieldy or hard to use
- you have a data source and a data location, but you just can’t get them to speak the same language
- you’re tired of manually exporting data from system A and importing it to system B
- you need more control over the privacy and anonymity of data that you share with partners
- you need to perform real-time analysis of a constant stream of incoming data
In very broad brush strokes, Aether works in three stages:
- Data comes in
- Data is transformed and restructured as required
- Data goes out
To do this, Aether works with data contracts: definitions that provide guarantees about the structure of the data that is output, so that dashboards or other external systems can be confident of its integrity.